HTML - The language that defines the web structure
HyperText Markup language or more commonly known as HTML is the standard markup language for creating web pages and web applications. HTML describes the structure of the web page.
It specifies where the heading would be placed, what weight should be provided, how images are to be displayed. Browsers don’t display the HTML tags but use them to interpret the content.
- HTML is also known as HyperText Markup Language.
- HTML describes the structure of the webpage also called document.
- HTML elements are represented by tags.
- Content to be rendered is written between the tags.
- Browsers do not display HTML tags.